Monday, July 18, 2011

Handmade Hair Bow Templates

For those mommys out there who buy bows for your daughters you know how expensive they can be sometimes...so why not make them yourself!! There are a few websites that carry good information:

Girly Things Bows - there are several tutorials on several types of bows and clippies.
Hip Girl Clips Boutique - a forum with wonderful tutorials, tips, and tricks. I am a member and I love it.

If you are interested in making your own templates you can try this website. She has a tutorial on making templates and she also has a great youtube channel as well. Instead of making them out of cardboard, I made mine out of the plastic cutting sheets as suggested by some of the forum members on HipGirl. I also used a hole punch to pole a hole in the top so that they are easy to hang up. Here they are: (had to take the picture on my cell phone due to flash problems with my camera)

2 comments:

  1. Hi:) my daughter is just now getting into bows and I'm trying to make them for her. I have been looking for the video on how to make theis templates but no luck. Is there any way you could share with me the info? Any help would be great. Thamk you for your time. Disneynut 4 life 22 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. i have been trying to make hair bows for my daughter since she was a year old... she is now 8. is there anyway you could email me the info on these templetes or the the templetes? i would love to know the mesaurments of each cardboard oiece and where you cut the middle of each. many thanks janet
    janet@mailsourcetn.com (work email... it doesnt get as clogged as my my personal one)

    ReplyDelete