Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pinterest Re-Craft of the Week

This is my first post of many that will be a weekly installment of crafts or ideas I have gotten from Pinterest.

This weeks craft....


State string art.

The hardest part of this craft is taking the time just to hammer all those nails into the piece of wood. I used one of the large pieces of craft wood you can get at Walmart for about 3 or 4 dollars, painted it like the Texas flag, and then followed the tutorial on this blog. If you would rather buy them instead of spend all the time to make them I think it might actually be worth it if you don't want sore fingers the next day! You can buy them from Curiously Wrought's Etsy Shop.

Here is my somewhat successful attempt:

I just realized by looking at the picture how many nails I missed while wrapping the string.

No comments:

Post a Comment