Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Taco...errr....burrito Tuesday!

Just thought I would share my super super easy 6 layer burrito recipe! You can make it a 7 layer by adding lettuce but I did not have any on hand.


For the taco meat I use:
2lb Hamburger
Taco seasoning (I use a home recipe that you can get here at Allrecipes.com, but you can use the packaged kind)
I also add great value taco style cheese. You can add as much or as little as you like but I usually just add a small handful.

For my taco rice:

I prepare two cups of rice as directed on the package and add my taco seasoning to it. I usually add one serving of my mixture which is equal to one package. It makes it a little spicy but you can add less it you like.

For my re-fried beans:

I usually use the can but if I am out I just cook and throw some pinto beans in the food processor with some sour cream and ranch.




My layers are as follows:

I usually use a good size tortilla but I only had soft taco size which is a little small. Get burrito size if you can.

I spread a good spoonful of beans over the tortilla, add the rice and kind of push it into the beans so it stays, then I add the taco meat and top that with cheese, spread some chunky salsa or picante, and then top with two dollops of sour cream. If you were going to add lettuce I would probably add it before the picante.

Roll them up and the secure with a toothpick! Easy peesy!

No comments:

Post a Comment